Anyone can file an Ethics Complaint against a current ILDA Member. You do not have to be a Member of ILDA to file. However, complaints must be against current ILDA Members as listed in our online membership list.
All complaints must involve one or more violations of sections in the Code of Ethics and/or Code of Business Practice.
Before contacting ILDA, attempt to resolve the situation with the ILDA Member company.
If you have a general or preliminary question about the situation, feel free to contact the Ethics Committee directly by phone or email. Official complaints must be submitted using the Ethics Complaint Form below.
In addition to submitting the Ethics Complaint Form, you must also send ILDA a separate email containing full documentation of the situation. The list below explains what is needed. Gather your documentation and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A detailed description of the situation (longer and more specific than the summary above).
• A timeline. This can be part of the detailed description, or may be separate in complex cases. It should be easy for the Ethics Committee to understand and follow the chronological order of the significant dates/events of the situation. Here is an example timeline: "Nov. 10 2013, I ordered XYZ Laser's model 4000 projector. Nov. 11 2013: I received an email from Jane Doe at XYZ stating shipment would be on Nov. 12 via UPS. Nov. 17 2013 I called Jane to check on shipment, she said it was backordered two weeks."
• Any appropriate documents such as emails, contracts, photos, etc. to document the problem. If you have paper documents, scan them so they can be included in the email documentation. You may black out or delete information that is private or that does not pertain to the complaint.
• Any information from third-parties who may be able to back up your account. Include contact information for these persons.
• Any explanations or proposed solutions that have been given to you by the ILDA Member. Then give your side, as to why you do not accept the explanations or proposed solutions.
• Any additional comments or notes.
NOTE: The Ethics Committee may request due to special circumstances, a faster response than the 30 day periods outlined above. The faster response period shall state the requested deadline. The deadline shall not be shorter than 10 days (e.g., it must be between 10 and 30 days).
© 2007-2021 International Laser Display Association. All rights reserved.
No reproduction of the text or images on ILDA websites is allowed without written permission of ILDA or other copyright holders. "ILDA" and the ILDA logo are trademarks of the International Laser Display Association.
Photo credit: iStockphoto